Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Explanation

" Thecordedphone". I am one of those who feels that life goes way too fast. There are a variety of reasons for this and it's not because of denial of getting older.
In my opinion, the cordless phone started it all. To wit, once technology overcame the necessity for cords things went way beyond reality (and movement at a somewhat normal speed).
To be sure, let it be said that corded phones had their advantages:
1. One always knew where the phone was.
2. The rotary dial was slower but effective and kind of mesmerizing.
3. The ring tone was universal.
4. There was stability in knowing where one needed to go to communicate over long distance.

Websites such as Facebook and Twitter have beset society with a whole new set of uncharted social and legal territories. I prefer the corded phone for it's simplicity. Yes, I have a cell phone and I have access to the internet but they don't make me think any faster.
Now that information flow has increased from 2G to 4G we have Internet access at a mind boggling speed. But we don't think any faster. If anything, we don't think now at all. There is no time for reflection, dialogue and mulling over an issue before a meaningful response can be posed. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
This blog will not be one of harking back to my younger days nor bitching about how awful things are now. I have had a great life and still do. I look forward to each and every day. This site will be one of my own reflections about life and events as I view them. I will not become political, fanatical or religious in anyway. This blog is meant to keep my comments to a minimum and to be used as a personal barometer of my emotional responses to things, places and events that touch me in some way. I will try to inject humor in my comments and see the lighter side of issues rather than go to the dark side. (That is always easy to do).
Piano

No comments:

Post a Comment